Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
For by it the men of old received divine approval.
By faith we understand that the world was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was made out of things which do not appear.Hebrews 11:1-3 RSV
Since faith comes by hearing God’s word (Romans 10:17), it follows that walking by faith means walking as directed by God’s word.
Negatively, it means:
(1) That we should not walk by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7)
(2) That we should not be guided by our own fallible, human feelings and emotions (Romans 8:4)
(3) That we should not rely merely upon what seems right in our own eyes (Proverbs 14:12)
(4) That we should not be guided by human traditions (Mark 7:9)
(5) That we ought not to be influenced in our religious convictions and practices by the opinions of human majorities (Matthew 7:14)
(6) That we must not allow the views and customs of our ancestors to be determinative (1 Peter 1:18)
(7) That we have no business consulting merely our own desires and pleasures where sacred things are involved, “For Christ pleased not himself” (Romans 15:3).
May God bless the teaching of His Word.ElGardner| Aretherra