Only four such occasions are evident in the Holy Scriptures:
- (1st) The Hardening of Humanity prior to the Flood.
- (2nd) The Hardening of the entire Pre-christian world (Abraham excepted), as explained in Romans 1.
- (3rd) The Hardening of the whole of mankind (except a remnant) at the time of the First Advent of Christ.
- (4th) The Final Judicial Hardening of the entire world just prior to the Second Advent of Christ, as depicted in Revelation 16.
- We may well be seeing this Final Hardening across Earth in this very hour.
- We’ll cover this subject matter in an upcoming blog post.
The Hardening of Humanity
- The Hardening of Humanity prior to the Flood
- God’s answer: The Flood
- Exception: Noah
- The Hardening of Romans 1
- God’s answer: His Chosen People
- Exception: The True Israel
- The Hardening of mankind including the Jews
- God’s answer: The First Advent of Christ (MERCY)
- Exception: The Remnant of the First Israel
- The Hardening of the whole world (Revelation 16)
- God’s answer: The Second Advent of Christ (JUDGMENT)
- Exception: The Redeemed “in Christ”
It is fitting enough, and absolutely in accord with what is revealed in the prophets that the judgment should finally come at the end of the Fourth Great Transgression of humanity.
We believe that the peculiar expression found eight times in the opening chapters of the Book of Amos is explicitly related to the sequence of Judicial Hardening given above.
That expression is: “For three transgressions of Damascus, yea for four, I will not turn away the punishment…” – Amos 1:3.
This expression is repeated verbatim, (only the name of the offender being changed in each reference) no less than eight times. Three are included in this post.
In each case was followed by the imposition of divine judgment and punishment against the offender.
Also notice that when The Lord God says that something will happen, it will always happen!
There’s no escape, no refuge, and no way of pleading the way out of the Judgment of Almighty God!
God’s Holy Word is Absolute, Final, And Eternal.
The promise of ETERNAL LIFE with our Heavenly Father awaits faithful Christians.
Not even the “Father of Lies,” “the Red Dragon,” “The old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world.” – Can touch those who have been saved IN CHRIST
He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.Mark 16:16 RSV
Baptism, the water ceremony itself, is the terminator that separates between the saved and the lost.
As long as the faith of any person is insufficient to prompt his obedience to God’s universal commandment of baptism, there is no way that such a faith could save.
- BELIEVING in God and His only begotten Son, Jesus
- CONFESSING & REPENTING of your sins
- Being BAPTIZED into Christ
- Then you’re given the gift of the Holy Spirit
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you.John 14:15-17 RSV
Certainly, we may dismiss as mere lack of discernment the scholarly dictum that this eight-times-repeated warning in Amos was merely a literary device of the prophet.
In each instance of his use of it, he said, “THUS SAITH JEHOVAH.”